jueves, 23 de marzo de 2017

BOOK TRAVELING THURSDAYS (#10): A BOOK WITH A POC MAIN CHARACTER




"No mourners. No funerals."










*Book Traveling Thursdays is hosted by Cátia at The Girl Who Read Too Much and Danielle at Danielle's Book Blog. Go to the Goodreads Group and participate!






The Book




Six of Crows (Six of Crows #1) by Leigh Bardugo



The Six of Crows duology is amazeballs in general. Everything from the plot, to the way it's written to the great and diverse characters.

We have LBGT+, disabled and POC characters, which is not that common in younger literature, unfortunately.

I agree that YA needs to include more diverse characters, but I think that it has becomed some of a trend righ now, almost a marketing ploy? "Look at my book! I have diverse characters! Read it!" And that feels weird to me.

Why should we care about the race or sexuality that the characters have? I understand the necessity of them, because kids need to identify with the characters and stories they read about, but it shouldn't be used as something to earn money or be the thing that makes you sell your book or make your synopsis interesting. 

That someome is gay or black shouldn't be the most important thing about a character, in my opinion.

Leigh Bardugo doesn't use race or sexuality as a ploy, some of the characters just happen to be POC or LGTB+ or disabled, but they're also so much more. That's what I love about these books.



The Original Cover 




First published September 29th 2015



An amazing yet simple cover that gives us the feeling that the book has.



My Country's Cover (Spain)







The same as the original but with red lettering.  I think I prefer the white version, though.



Favorite Covers







They're so cool and so badass, that I just can't with life, honestly.



Least Favorite Covers







I don't hate it, the truth is that I really like it, but I had to choose one as my least favorite one and this was the only option I was left with. But it looks pretty neat. 


2 comentarios:

  1. I agree on the least favorite cover. It doesn't do it for me. I've seen this book around a lot and heard good things about it. Maybe I should pick it up.

    ResponderEliminar

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...