sábado, 23 de julio de 2016

FEATURE & FOLLOW (#4): FAVORITE BOOK TO MOVIE (AND TV SHOW) ADAPTATIONS




"Books and movies are like apples and oranges. They both are fruit, but taste completely different."


Stephen King








*Feature & Follow is a blog hop hosted by Alison Can Read and Parajunkee. The goal is to increase blog followers, make friends and have something to post. So, check it out and participate!!!






  • The Hunger Games Series






"You don’t forget the face of the person who was your last hope."


Books Facts



Author: Suzanne Collings

Original Publication Dates: 14 September 2008; 1 September 2009; 24 August 2010

Publisher: Scholastic


Movies Facts



Directed by: Gary Ross (The Hunger Games); Francis Lawrence (Catching Fire, Mockingjay Part I, Mockingjay Part II)

Writen by: Gary Ross and Billy Ray (The Hunger Games); Simon Beaufoy and Michael Arndt (Catching Fire); Peter Craig and Danny Strong(Mockingjay Part I; Mockingjay Part II); Suzanne Collins(adaptations)


Cast: Jennifer Lawrence, Liam Hemsworth, Josh Hutcherson, Woody Harrelson, Lenny Kravitz, Elizabeth Banks, Stanley Tucci, Wes Bentley, Willow Shields, Paula Malcomson...

Release Dates: 12 March 2012; 11 November 2013; 10 November 2014; 4 November 2015

Production Companies: Lionsgate, Color Force




The Hunger Games Trailer



When the first movie was released I really wanted to see it, but the books also called to me, so I bought them and read all three before even watching the first one. The trilogy quickly became one of my favorite series of all time, and it still is now.

The movies were great too. The cast was amazing (even though I think Josh Hutcherson was a meh choice for Peeta Mellark's character), the music was fab, the way the story was adapted was pretty spot on and it made you care about the characters a shit-ton.

I always went with my boyfriend to the cinema to see the movies, and when they were over I couldn't stop babbling about them like an idiot for an hour. And doing the three finger thingy to him, for some reason, while he looked at me like "why". That goes to show you how good they were. Or how weird I am. Or something.


Which ones I liked more? 


I'm not really sure, honestly. I haven't read the books in a long time, but I've seen the movies again fairly recently, so I don't know. Maybe the books? But the movies are pretty close.



  • Dracula






"There are darknesses in life and there are lights, and you are one of the lights, the light of all lights."


Book Facts


Title: Dracula

Author: Bram Stoker

Original Publication Date: 26 May 1897

Publisher: Archibald Constable and Company


Movie Facts



Directed by: Francis Foed Coppola

Writen by: James V. Hart

Cast: Gary Oldman, Winona Ryder, Anthony Hopkins, Keanu Reeves, Richard E. Grant, Cary Elwes, Billy Campbell, Sadie Frost, Tom Waits, Monica Bellucci...

Release Dates: 13 November 1992

Production Companies: American Zoetrope, Columbia Pictures Corporation, Osiris Films



Bram Stoker's Dracula Trailer



First let me say that this version of Dracula is one of my favorite movies in history of life and the world, so the book had little chance to surpass it.

I still wanted to give it a chance, so I listened to the audiobook because it looked a lot easier. If I've loved the movie that much, it was probable that I would love the book as much, right? Nop.

I mean, it was good, but it wasn't like the movie at all. The things I adored most about the movie, didn't exist in the book. The book's Dracula wasn't a sexy cool-sunglasses-wearing vampire as the one in the movie was, damn, there was almost no Dracula in a book that's called fucking Dracula. And the most important thing: no pre-destined, eternal blood-sucking love story. What. The. Actual. Hell.


Which one I liked more? 


I think this one it's pretty ovbious. The movie beats the living crap out of the book.



  •  A Song of Ice and Fire 






"Fear cuts deeper than swords."


Books Facts


Titles: A Game of Thrones; A Clash of Kings; A Storm of Swords; A Feast for Crows; A Dance with Dragons; The Winds of Winter; A Dream of Spring; Untitled

Aurhor: George R.R. Martin

Original Publication Dates: 6 August 1996; 16 November 1998; 8 August 2000; 17 October 2005; 12 July 2011; ...

Publishers: Bantam Spectra (US); Voyager Books (UK)


TV Show Facts


Title: Game of Thrones

Creators: David Benioff and D.B. Weiss

Cast: Peter Dinklage, Lena Headey, Emilia Clarke, Kit Harington, Sophie Turner, Maisie Williams, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, Gwendoline Christie, Alfie Allen, Isaac Hempstead Wright...

Release Date: 17 April 2011

Production Company: HBO



Game of Thrones Season 1 Trailer



When everybody and their mother was watching this show I was: "Fuck this shit, I'm too hipster for that." So I didn't watch it. And I wasn't planning to read the books because they weight more than I do.

But people kept talking about the show. So I watched it. At first I didn't get what all the fuss was about, it was good but... Yeah... I didn't know... I was not sure... But I kept marathoning all the episodes that were out anyway... And then...

Then I found myself wanting to uglycry for life 'cause OMGOMGOMG I had to wait almost a fucking year for the new season. So I started carrying around and reading books that weight more than I do.


Which one I liked more? 


You can kick me out of the cool kids club right now if you want, but I think the tv show wins. Sorry. I love the books, but they're soooo long and they don't have Kit Harrington's gorg face all over them, so yeah.


1 comentario:

  1. Of those, Hunger Games was definitely my favorite. I wasn't sure about Jennifer Lawrence but she was really perfect for the role.

    ResponderEliminar

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...