domingo, 22 de diciembre de 2019

TOP 5 SATURDAY (#1): BOOK TO MOVIE ADAPTATIONS



"Books and movies are like apples and oranges. They both are fruit, but taste completely different."  


Stephen King






*Top 5 Saturday was created by Mandy at Devouring Books. Read what books that became movies she wants to read!


  •  Divergent Trilogy




"I want to be brave, and selfless, and smart, and kind, and honest."


DIVERGENT, INSUERGENT and ALLEGIANT written by Veronica Roth

DIVERGENT directed by Neil Burger and written by Evan Daugherty & Vanessa Taylor
INSURGENT directed by Robert Schwentke and written by Brian Duffield, Akiva Goldsman & Mark Bomback
ALLEGIANT directed by Robert Schwentke and written by Noah Oppenheim, Adam Cooper & Bill Collage


WINNER 





WHY


The books were pretty good, and they had some controversial endings I enjoyed 'cause I'm a sadistic weirdo. 

But the movies were kinda a hot mess, honestly. And it doesn't help I don't like either of the protagonists faces. I don't know why, they just annoy me. Serious critique right here. 



  •  Room




"When I was a little kid I thought like a little kid, but now I'm five I know everything."


ROOM written by Emma Donoghue

ROOM directed by Lenny Abrahamson and written by Emma Donoghue


WINNER




WHY


I don't know which one of the two to choose, because I'm an indecisive bitch. Oh, well. 

Having read the book beforehand, which made me really uncomfortable and emotional, I thought the movie wouldn't affect me that much. I was wrong. With the movie yet to end I had already spent like 5 full minutes bawling in my bathroom. Nice. 



  • The Hunger Games 




"You don’t forget the face of the person who was your last hope."


THE HUNGER GAMES, CATCHING FIRE and MOCKINGJAY written by Suzanne Collins

THE HUNGER GAMES directed by Gary Ross and written by Gary Ross, Suzanne Collins Billy Ray 
CATCHING FIRE directed by Francis Lawrence and written by Simon Beaufoy & Michael deBruyn
MOCKINGJAY, PART I directed by Francis Lawrence and written by Peter Craig & Danny Strong
MOCKINGJAY, PART II directed by Francis Lawrence and written by Peter Craig & Danny Strong


WINNER




WHY


I loooove the movies, I mean, I wanna marry Jennifer Lawrence, but the books were fan-fucking-tastic. 

Although that moment with the Hanging Tree song and the people walking towards The Capitol, ready to fuck them up, still makes me wanna do the three finger salute to the world. 



  • Dracula




"I am longing to be with you, and by the sea, where we can talk together freely and build our castles in the air."


DRACULA written by Bram Stoker

DRACULA directed by Francis Ford Coppola and written by James V. Hart


WINNER





WHY


For a book that's called Dracula, I noticed an odd lack of Dracula in it. Outrageous. 

The book is good, don't get me wrong, but it didn't deliver what I expected. Mostly a sexy ass Dracula with cool glasses. 



  • Romeo and Juliet




"Good night, good night!
Parting is such sweet sorrow,
That I shall say good night till it
be morrow."


ROMEO AND JULIET written by William Shakespeare 

ROMEO AND JULIET directed by Baz Luhrmann and written by Baz Luhrmann & Craig Pearce


WINNER





WHY


Sorry Will, but as much as I love you, this is one of my favorite movies and I had to choose it. 

Everything, from the 90's moment aesthetic, the amazing blend of modern and old, to Leo Dicaprio's fucking gorgeous crying face is perfect.



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...