jueves, 2 de junio de 2016

BOOK TRAVELING THURSDAYS (#2): BOOK I WOULD READ IN MY CHILDHOOD IF I COULD GO BACK IN TIME




*Book Traveling Thursdays is hosted by Cátia at The Girl Who Read Too Much and Danielle at Danielle's Book Blog. Go to the Goodreads Group and participate!







"It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live."


The Books


Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling

Harry Potter and the Philosopher's / Sorcerer's Stone (#1)
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (#2)
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (#3)
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (#4)
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (#5)
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (#6)
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (#7)

ADD to Goodreads



Why?


So... I'm one of those weirdos that haven't read all of the Harry Potter books. Yeah... I know... Sorry!

I mean, I own all of them, I've read the first four ones and I've really liked them. But when I started the fifth... Reading slump. I don't know what happened, I just know that I was dreading reading that book even if it looked cool.

Maybe I'm too old to fully enjoy all the awesomness. That's why I wish I had the history that everybody else seems to have with these books.

When I hear someone who has grown with these books talk about them I get jealous, you know? I didn't have anything that I loved soooo much when I was little. I adored the Goosebumps series, but that didn't have the depth or the amazing characters or the history or the feelings that these ones have, so it's not the same.

This year i'll try to read them, maybe not the three I have left to read, but at least the fifth one. Even if it doesn't affect me as much as it would if I was younger.

Or... someone could give a time machine so I can read these books as a child so I can be part of the "I heart Harry Potter" club. Pretty please?



The Original Covers 























They're pretty nice. They're not my favorites but there are so many too choose from!



The One I Own






When I decided to finally buy Harry Potter's books I knew I wanted something that looked kind of childish and magical, so that's why I chose the 15th Anniversary Edition. Cool.



My Country's Cover (Spain)










The second and third ones are pretty ok, I guess. Not the first one, though. It looks like a (not particulary talented) kid's drawing. 



Favorite Covers




















Harry Potter has a LOT of different covers, and most of them are pretty cool, but these ones are just so beautiful. Aaaagggg. Want them. 



Least Favorite Covers
















































They are soooo boring and they don't have anything to do with magic. Nop.




2 comentarios:

  1. I agree with you on all of these. There are so many beautiful onessss, i'm in love.
    My BTT is here if you want to check it out: https://chapteradventures.wordpress.com/2016/06/02/book-traveling-thursdays-a-book-i-wished-i-had-read-in-my-childhood/

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thank you for your comment and sorry for the late response!

      Some of them are really gorgeous, but the new illustrated version is just to die for!

      S.

      Eliminar

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...