viernes, 9 de diciembre de 2016

BOOK TRAVELING THURSDAYS (#4): A BOOK THAT MADE ME EMOTIONAL




"But I loved Narcissus because as he lay on my banks and looked down at me, in the mirror of his eyes I saw ever my own beauty mirrored." 


Oscar Wilde, The Disciple








*Book Traveling Thursdays is hosted by Cátia at The Girl Who Read Too Much and Danielle at Danielle's Book Blog. Go to the Goodreads Group and participate!






The Book



Complete Shorter Fiction by Oscar Wilde


The Happy Prince by BohemianWeasel
The Canterville Ghost by jvg246
The Selfish Giant by HeadFullofIvy
The Nightingale and the Rose by merri5


As I've said before, I don't cry with books, I don't know why, I just don't, but that doesn't mean I don't get emotional.

Well... With one of the stories of this book, I don't remember which, something with birds on it, I was in the subway with my tears threatening to leave my body, while I kept telling myself: "Damn it woman! You're not gonna cry in the fucking public transportation!"

So yep, that's a lot for me.



The Original Cover 




Published August 26th 1982 by Oxford University Press


It's pretty. Weird and kind of scary. But pretty.



My Country's Covers (Spain)






This one is just plain weird and scary. Fucking freaky hand...



Favorite Cover




British Edition


It looks so fairy taleish and the girl is really cool too, with her quiver or whatever and her feathered head piece thingy. Or wings, maybe? I don't even know. Love it.



Least Favorite Cover




Portuguese Edition


WTF is that? It looks hellish as shit and it doesn't look like a book of stories about princes, birds and reformed giants at all. Nope.


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...