domingo, 4 de diciembre de 2016

BOOK WRAP-UP (#7): NOVEMBER 2016 + BONUS MONTHS




1 Month, 6 Books








1. Crooked Kingdom (Six of Crows #2) by Leigh Bardugo



"I would have come for you. And if I couldn't walk, I'd crawl to you, and no matter how broken we were, we'd fight our way out together-knives drawn, pistols blazing. Because that's what we do. We never stop fighting."


Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo


★★★★★     5/5


Don't tell my heart, my achy breaky heart that this series is over, 'cause I just can't. Amazing as expected.



2. Kill the Boyband by Goldy Moldavsky



"I was holding someone captive and all that was going through my mind was a Billboard Top 40 love song. I was going to hell."




★★★★☆    4/5


A little bit exagerated and silly, but fun. And I don't know what I would do if I was breathing the same air as JC Chasez, so not judging.



3. Raven Song (Inoki's Game #1) by I.A. Ashcroft



"Once upon a time... this was when the world had sung to him, the dream-walker, the song-weaver, the star-stringer."




★★★★☆    4/5


It was pretty good, maybe all the genre mash-up could have been done better, but it was interesting and entertaining, nonetheless.

(Full Review HERE)



4. A Game of Thrones: The Graphic Novel, Vol.1 (A Song of Ice and Fire Graphic Novels #1-6) by George R.R. Martin, Daniel Abraham (Adaptation) & Tommy Patterson (Artist)



"If you would take a man’s life, you owe it to him to look into his eyes and hear his final words."




★★★★★     4.75/5


It's pretty much the same as the books, but without the same depth. The art it's stunning, though.



5. Illuminae (The Illuminae Files #1) by Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff



"You have me. Until the last star in the galaxy dies, you have me."




★★★★★     5/5


At first I thought I wasn't going to be able to get too invested with the characters because of the format, but... Damn, was I wrong! Pretty surprising!



6. 3: 59 by Gretchen McNeil



"You can take the girl out of the universe but you can’t take the universe out of the girl."




★★★★☆    4/5


It was quite different and intriguing, but at times I felt a little bit confused by all the sciency stuff. But it was pretty cool, anyway.



BONUS MONTHS



OCTOBER


A Court of Thorns and Roses (A Court of Thorns and Roses #1) by Sarah J. Maas     ★★★★★     5/5

Angel & Faith: Season 9, Vol. 1 ( Angel & Faith: Season 9, Library Editions #1) by Joss Whedon, Christos Gage, Rebekah Isaacs (Artist), Phil Noto (Artist) & Chris Samnee (Artist)     ★★★★★     5/5

May I Have Your Attention, Please?: The Autobiography by James Corden (audiobook)     ★★★★☆     4/5


SEPTEMBER


Six of Crows (Six of Crows #1) by Leigh Bardugo     ★★★★★     5/5

Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn     ★★★★☆     4.25/5

You're Never Weird on the Internet (Almost) by Felicia Day (audiobook)     ★★★★☆     4.5/5


AUGUST


Zenith (The Androma Saga #1) by Sasha Alsberg & Lindsay Cummings     ★★★★★     5/5

Say Her Name by James Dawson     ★★★★★     4.75/5

Drink, Slay, Love by Sarah Beth Durst     ★★★★★     4.75/5

Echoes by Laura Tisdall     ★★★★☆    4.25/5


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...