jueves, 15 de diciembre de 2016

TOP 5 WEDNESDAY (#11): TV SHOWS THAT GOT WORSE WITH EACH SEASON




"I think the phrase 'jump the shark' has jumped the shark." 


Lisa Edelstein








*Top 5 Wednesday was created by two amazing booktubers: Lainey at Ginger Reads Lainey and Samantha at Thoughts on Tomes. If you want to participate, you can join the Goodreads Group to be updated on the topics for each week. Check it out!






A little bit late. Oops. Sorry. Anyway...

The deal this week was to talk about series that went downhill with each book or tv shows that were worse with each season. I decided to do the later, 'cause I'm not critical enough with books, I guess.

(By the way, it's Top 7 today, just 'cause I can.)


Which books or tv shows you think shoul've stopped sooner? Or shoul've been done better in later installments? Tell me in the comments!



1. Hannibal by Bryan Fuller






"I don't find you that interesting." Will Graham


Season 1 Trailer


Hannibal was fucked up from the get go, but it was different so I went with it. At the final season I just felt weirded out and confused and in a general state of nope.



2. Sabrina, the Teenage Witch by Jonathan Schmock & Nell Scovell






"Here's a quick recap: There was boredom followed by dullness with a dash of echh!" Sabrina Spellman


Season 1 Intro


It was craptastic from the beginning, but the show was aware of it at that's why I loved it. When the college season started it was just ok, I mean, I love Punky Brewster as the next person, but it was meh all around. But then... Where are the aunts? And why the hell are those girls living in their house?



3. Scrubs by Bill Lawrence






"Ladies and gentlemen, allow me to present, Man Not Caring." Dr. Cox


Season 1 Trailer


You know what I'm talking about, right? There was no reason for the last season at all. Who are those people and why should I care about them?



4. True Blood by Alan Ball






"I'm a fairy? How fuckin lame!" Sookie Stackhouse


Season 1 Trailer


Even Sookie herself thought like me. Yes girl, it was pretty lame. I mean, fairies? Really? Yeah... Not even Eric could save the addictive hot mess that was this show. 



5. Heroes by Tim Kring






"There's a lot of change going on with me." Nathan Petrelli


 Season 1 Trailer


We all know what happened with Heroes and we all have cried about it already. The first season was pretty great, but then they went a little bit crazy adding characters and madness and the show lost what we first liked about it, ordinary people with extraordinary powers.



6. Falling Skies by Robert Rodat






"There's only one thing I can't stand more than you and that's Skitters." Pope


Season 1 trailer 


At first it was an apocalyptic / survival kind of thing and I liked it, I didn't loved it, but it was goodish. But after a while the alien dudes appeared and bizarreness ensued.



7. Once Upon a Time by Adam Horowitz & Edward Kitsis






"I wish that Emma Swan's wish to have never been the Savior be granted." Evil Queen


Season 1 Trailer


The idea was really good and appealing to me, I adore Disney and fairy tales in general, so I was happy. But when the gurls from Frozen appeared it felt a little bit too cartoonish and some things started to annoy me, mainly all thing pertaining to Snow and Rumple (now he's bad, now he's good, now he's bad, now... Come on, dude). Hook is fab, though.

1 comentario:

  1. I am 100% with you on OUaT!! I got into the show late but I marathoned the first few seasons no problem. Like you though, when the Frozen crew got there I wasn't impressed. I quite watching not long after and I haven't looked back. I used to love Sabrina the Teenaged Witch in comic form so I gave the show a chance. I agree with you: it was cheesy but it never pretended that it wasn't. When Sabrina went to College though, I gave up on it!

    ResponderEliminar

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...