miércoles, 28 de diciembre de 2016

TOP 10 TUESDAY (#16): BEST BOOKS OF 2016




"You know you’ve read a good book when you turn the last page and feel a little as if you have lost a friend." 


Paul Sweeney








*Top 10 Tuesday was created by the blog Broke and Bookish, if you want to see all the topics, past and future, you can go here.






Well, it's that time of the year again, the one when bloggers, booktubers and bookish people in general make lists about their favorite books. And I'm one of them this year. Yay!

I've picked all of my five star reads and I've tried to put them in order, but you know... Difficult. So they're kinda in order kinda not. Decisions, decisions.


Which are some of your favorite books of this year? Tell me in the comments below!



10. Zenith (The Androma Saga #1) by Sasha Alsberg & Lindsay Cummings






"She had always loved the stars. But tonight, she felt as if they were watching her, waiting for her to fail."


It's really short and maybe not the most original thing out there, but it was so entertaining that I don't even care. It made me want to read the rest of the series.



9. A Court of Thorns and Roses (A Court of Thorns and Roses #1) by Sarah J. Maas






"I threw myself into that fire, threw myself into it, into him, and let myself burn."


The characters are really good, you feel for them and that's really important for me. But not only that, even though it's pretty long it's not boring, it makes you interested.



8. Red Queen (Red Queen #1) by Victoria Aveyard






"The gods rule us still. They have come down from the stars. And they are no longer kind."


My Thoughts on Red Queen



7. Throne of Glass / Crown of Midnight / The Assassin's Blade (Throne of Glass #1 / #2 / #0.1 - 0.5) by Sarah J. Maas






"My name is Celaena Sardothien. But it makes no difference if my name's Celaena or Lillian or Bitch, because I'd still beat you, no matter what you call me."


My Thoughts on Throne of Glass





"To escape death, she'd become death."


My Thoughts on Crown of Midnight





"My name is Celaena Sardothien, and I will not be afraid."


My Thoughts on The Assassin's Blade



6. Le Petit Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry






"The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or touched, they are felt with the heart."


My Thoughts on Le Petit Prince



5. Let's Pretend This Never Happened: A Mostly True Memoir by Jenny Lawson






"I am the Wizard of Oz of housewives (in that I am both "Great and Terrible" and because I sometimes hide behind the curtains."





4. A Storm of Swords: Blood and Gold (A Song of Ice and Fire #3, Part 2) by George R.R. Martin






"A valiant deed unsung is no less valiant."





3. Angel & Faith: Season 9, Volume 1 (Angel & Faith: Season 9, Library Editions #1) by Joss Whedon, Christos Gage, Rebekah Isaacs (Artist), Phil Noto (Artist) & Chris Samnee (Artist)





"He was there for my crash and burns. Pulling me from the wreckage when everyone else was toasting marshmallows."


Everything that's related to Buffy or Angel is basically everything to me, but there's more to this series of graphic novels. They really feel like the shows and for someone who miss them, that's pretty great.



2. Six of CrowsCrooked Kingdom (Six of Crows #1 / #2) by Leigh Bardugo






"The heart is an arrow. It demands aim to land true."


This series has killed my soul and this book started with the murdering. Not only the characters are well thought-out, but the plot is interesting and full of twists and turns.





"I would have come for you. And if I couldn't walk, I'd crawl to you, and no matter how broken we were, we'd fight our way out together-knives drawn, pistols blazing. Because that's what we do. We never stop fighting."


My Thoughts on Crooked Kingdom



1. Fairest / Winter / Stars Above (The Lunar Chronicles #3.5 / #4 / #4.5) by Marissa Meyer






"She cried for the girl who had never belonged. A girl who tried so hard, harder than anyone else, and still never had anything to show for it."


My Thoughts on Fairest





“She’s our lost princess. And she’s coming home.”


My Thoughts on Winter





"That mechanic was going to change everything."


My Thoughts on Stars Above


1 comentario:

  1. Great list! I’m hopefully going to be reading the Jenny Lawson book in January. I loved Furiously Happy.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ResponderEliminar

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...