jueves, 21 de abril de 2016

COVERS WAR WEDNESDAY (#2): SCARLET by MARISSA MEYER



*Covers War Wednesday was created by the lovely Mariana from the awesome blog Book Is Glee.


It's Cover Wars time again! And today I'm going to keep talking about The Lunar Chronicles, because the covers are swell and 'cause it's my blog and I can do whatever.

Scarlet's covers are even better than the Cinder ones and I think they illustrate the story and the character pretty well. Well done, cover fairies.

Tell me which cover tickles your pickle the most, in the comments below!






★★★★★ 5/5


Languages: English, Spanish, Greek, Dutch, Portuguese, Swedish, Catalan


Language: Thai


Language: Indonesian


These covers are super-duper! I kind of want to buy the second and third ones, even though I don't speak the language, just 'cause they look so cool. But I'm not that superficial. And I have no money.

Cover 1: Like with Cinder, we all know, love and probably own this copy, so I'm not gonna bother.

Cover 2: Is it just me or are thai cover designers the masters of the Universe? Come on! She looks hardcore. Who are these people and can they draw my life? 

Cover 3: This one is similar to the typical one, but even better, with the weapons peeking out from the pocket. Thailand, you have a strong opponent on badassery in Indonesia.



★★★★☆ 4.5/5


Languages: (Cover 1) Swedish (Cover 2) Spanish, Bulgarian


Language: Polish


Again, the second place goes to the most beautiful covers, even though don't depict the character at all. But they are soooo preeeetty. And they share stylist.

Cover 1: This one is gorgeous. I adore her lovely doll face, her little lantern and her awesome and intricate cape. Love it. I kind of need it.

Cover 2: Marvelous. What do you think she is carrying in the basket? I'm guessing tomatoes and no pacience whatsoever for bulshit.



★★★★☆ 4/5


Language: Hungarian


Languages: (Cover 1) Russian (Cover 2) French, Italian, Czech, Turkish


Language: Vietnamese


These ones are darker, and not only in color, the feeling they give (mostly the first and the second) is scarier and creepier.

Cover 1: This image is like the classic fairy tale; the girl with the red hood enters in the mysterious woods, but this time the Wolf won't try to eat her. Probably.

Cover 2: I like the eeriness of this cover a lot. It looks like a horror story and even though this book is not spooky, it intrigues you and makes you want to read it.

Cover 3: This one reminds me a lot of Assassin's Creed, for some reason. Maybe is that immense hood covering half of her smirking face. A face that says: "don't mess with me or I'm gonna bitch slap you to the moon." Maybe.



★★★☆ 3.5/5


Language: Turkish


Language: Russian


Language: Portuguese


Language: Korean


I don't care that much about these ones, I mean, they're pretty ok, I guess. They are not that special, but they aren't super horrendous either.

Cover 1: This one is pretty similar to the first one, but the cape looks kind of a big red blob. Too much.

Cover 2: As I said before, I really like the picture, but again... Are those ginormous letters necessary, Germany? No, they are not.

Cover 3: So sparkly. Too sparkly. Who in their right mind would wear a sequin dress in a farm? Not Scarlet.

Cover 4: This one could be pretty ok. I like the superposition of the girl and the wolf, but the color combination is a big no no for me.



★★★☆ 3/5


Language: German


Like the Cinder one, this one is pretty boring, but it's red so wins half  point.

Something I noticed, sort of late I have to say, is that the pattern is created with little wolves. What? So I went back and watched the Cinder one more closely and I saw that it's made with little shoes. Ok... I guess that is kind of cool...




2 comentarios:

  1. Woooooow I didn't know Scarlet has THAT many covers,and they are all magnificent (talk about why I love red riding hood in general). My favorite was the Thai's one, and I was quite taken back (in a good way) by the Vietnamese one, since *whisper* I'm actually an international student from Vietnam.
    Love the post! And I love how you rate each cover. That was an amazing move! <3

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thank you for your lovely comment!

      I love Red Riding Hood too and red it's my favorite color, so this was pretty perfect for me.

      You should feel proud of vietnamese designers, because that cover it's truly badass :)

      S.

      Eliminar

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...