miércoles, 10 de febrero de 2016

TOP 10 TUESDAY (#2): FAVORITE OTPs (One True Pairing)



*Top 10 Tuesday was created by the blog Broke and Bookish, if you want to see all the topics, past and future, you can go here.

Today's Top 10 Tuesdays is dedicated to ships, crushes, couples and just L.O.V.E in general, because Valentine's Day is just around the corner.

I decided to choose my favorite OTPs, but not just romantic ones, because sometimes some friendships are more ship-worthy than even love.

(They're not in order at all, because I just can't. Spoilers, maybe.)


TOP 10 TUESDAY: FAVORITE OTPs




1. Cress Darnel & Carswell Thorne (The Lunar Chronicles) by Marissa Meyer



Cress Darnel & Carswell Thorne (The Lunar Chronicles) by Marissa Meyer
littleschemer

"Captain, I think I’m in love with you." - Cress
"Don’t tell me it took you two whole days to realize that. I must be losing my touch." - Thorne


They are sooooo adorable together  I want to eat them up and then puke rainbows. 

Cress is really shy and awkward and has zero experience with guys, or people in general, for that matter. Thorne is a man-whore who will flirt with everything if he thinks it resembles even remotely to a woman. 

He saves her. She saves him. And they change each other. Love them.


2. Jaime Lannister & Brienne of Tarth (A Song of Ice and Fire) by George R.R. Martin



Jaime Lannister & Brienne of Tarth (A Song of Ice and Fire) by George R.R. Martin
MercuryAshoke

"Her name is Brienne. Brienne, the maid of Tarth. You are still maiden, I hope?" - Jaime
"Yes." - Brienne


This one is not a romantic ship AT ALL, just no, can't see it. 

Saying that Brienne and Jaime are reeeaaally different is an understatement. At first they cannot stomach one another, they fight, they insult each other, and Jaime tries to kill her a couple of times, and although Brienne doesn't try, because she is on a mission, I'm sure she does it in her mind a bunch of times.

But then, they become, maybe not friends, but friendly? Nice to each other? Civilized people? Not murderous? I don't know, they're just fun together.


3. Buffy Summers & Spike (Buffy the Vampire Slayer) by Joss Whedon



Buffy Summers & Spike (Buffy the Vampire Slayer) by Joss Whedon
zirofax


"How long was I gone?" - Buffy
"147 days yesterday. Uh, 148 today. Except today doesn't count, does it?" - Spike


Is this cheating? I mean, there's graphic novels, right? Right. I'm not talking about the tv show, just the novels... SPUFFY FOREVER!!!

I love, love, love them. Their relationship has changed so much since the beginning of the tv show, where there was passion and violence, now there's friendship and mutual understending, but with a little bit left of the spark they had before.

They've been through so much together, good, bad and worse, that they will always be connected, they always will have each other. (Crying)


4. Katniss Everdeen & Bow (The Hunger Games) by Suzanne Collins



Katniss Everdeen & Bow (The Hunger Games) by Suzanne Collins
kristele


"The weapons give me an entirely new perspective on the Games. I know I have tough opponents left to face. But I am no longer merely prey that runs and hides or takes desperate measures. If Cato broke through the trees right now, I wouldn't flee, I'd shoot. I find I'm actually anticipating the moment with pleasure." - Katniss


Forget about Team Gale or Team Peeta (speaking of... Team Gale all the way), Katniss's one and only true love is her bow (and arrows).

It saved her life more than once, it gave her something to eat, with it won the Hunger Games and started and finished a revolution. It can shoot freaking incendiary and explosive arrows, for God's sake! I don't think neither Gale or Peeta can do that...

Bows are a girl's best friend, at least in the Games.


5. Lihn Cinder & Iko (The Lunar Chronicles) by Marissa Meyer



Lihn Cinder & Iko (The Lunar Chronicles) by Marissa Meyer
blindthistle


"Do you think it could have a virus?" - Cinder
"Maybe her programming was overwhelmed by Prince Kai's uncanny hotness." - Iko


They are the best BFFs ever to grace the earth (and space)! Do they exist in real life...? Because I want to be friends with them... No? Right. Fiction. Just in my mind, then.

They are pretty different, while Iko is fun and free spirited, Cinder is serious and reserved, but it doesn't matter, they complement each other. When Cinder feels insecure about her mission or destiny, Iko makes sure she knows how special and fabulous she is. Every time Iko gets broken, Cinder is always there to fix her. They even would give their lives for one another.

They're amazing together, let's say that... they make each other more human.


6. Hazel Grace Lancaster & Augustus Waters (The Fault in Our Stars) by John Green



Hazel Grace Lancaster & Augustus Waters (The Fault in Our Stars) by John Green
siminib


"Okay?" - Augustus
"Okay." - Hazel


They're so cute, so sweet, so perfect for each other and yet so doomed. Don't cry. Don't cry.

They find each other in one of the worse places possible, a reunion of kids whith cancer. It may be a awful place to meet, but maybe it was the perfect time, the moment they both needed it the most.

Hazel, at first, doesn't want to be with him, because she doesn't want to hurt him, but Augustus just dives in the relationship like there's no tomorrow, because maybe there isn't. Don't cry. Don't cry.


7. Daenerys Targaryen & Dragons (A Song of Ice and Fire) by George R.R. Martin



Daenerys Targaryen & Dragons (A Song of Ice and Fire) by George R.R. Martin
jeftoon01


"Dracarys." - Daenerys

Who cares about Drogo (i do)? Who cares about Jorah (i do)? Who cares about Daario (i do)? The real loves of Daenerys are Drogon, Viserion, and Rhaegal. Because dragons rule!

She's the Unburt, and they burn things and people. She's the blood of the dragon, they're are dragons. She's super-cool, they are super-cool, as dragons usually are. It's a match made in heaven!

Come on! They are her babies! That breath fire and can eat you if you are near when they yawn. But they are her babies! You don't mess with Daenerys's babies. Or dragons for that matter.


8. Annie Cresta & Finnick Odair (The Hunger Games) by Suzanne Collins



Annie Cresta & Finnick Odair (The Hunger Games) by Suzanne Collins
jenimal


"My love, you have my heart for all eternity and if… If I die in that Arena… my last thought will be of your lips." - Finnick


So sweet. So sad. So romantic. (Sigh)

Finnick is another person when he talks about Annie, or if he's with her. He doesn't have to pretend to be cool all the time, he doesn't have to play a part he was given, he can just be himself. He can be loved and can love, even if it could cost him his life.

They're not the main couple of the series, but is possible they're the most tender one. (Sigh again)


9. Elizabeth Bennet & Fitzwilliam Darcy (Pride and Prejudice) by Jane Austen



Elizabeth Bennet & Fitzwilliam Darcy (Pride and Prejudice) by Jane Austen
flominowa


"Do you dance, Mr. Darcy?" - Elizabeth
"Not if I can help it." - Mr. Darcy


I have not read Pride and Prejudice yet... Yeah... Sorry. But I'm gonna do it soonish, probably when I'm finished with Dracula's audiobook I will start with this one, and I've seen the movie and stuff... I know I'm going to love them...

Elizabeth is intelligent and playful, Mr. Darcy (oh, Mr. Darcy, you lovely creature) is also intelligent but no very good is social situations. He thinks she has too much prejudice (lol), she thinks he has to much pride (lol), but it all works in the end, because love.

It's one of the most classic romantic couples, even if it isn't the most amorous one, at least in the beginning, as far as I know from movies. Again, I haven't read the book yet. Sorry one more time.


10. Bronn & Tyrion Lannister (A Song of Ice and Fire) by George R.R. Martin



Bronn & Tyrion Lannister (A Song of Ice and Fire) by George R.R. Martin
3nrique


"Waiting my pleasure. I like the ring of that, Bronn. You almost sound a proper courtier. Next you'll be kneeling." - Tyrion
"Fuck you, dwarf." - Bronn


Bronn and Tyrion. Tyrion and Bronn. The bromance of the century!

They are both smart people, wine and women aficionados, with a dry sense of humor and the will to do whats necessary to get what they want. With astuteness, money, manipulation or... maybe killing, a little.

Yes, it's true that Tyrion pays Bronn to be his "friend" and that Bronn has no respect whatsoever for Tyrion, but they get along. It works for them. Who am I to judge?






No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...