miércoles, 24 de febrero de 2016

TOP 5 WEDNESDAY (#3): WORST LOVE INTERESTS



*Top 5 Wednesday was created by a booktuber named Laney. If you want to participate, you can join the Goodreads Group to be updated on the topics for each week.

Today's Top 5 Wednesday is about the worst love interests. I didn't have a lot of options because I don't read a lot of romance heavy novels, so I'm sorry if these aren't that special.

Five and four are not that bad, honestly, with three I don't even know what to think, but the two first ones... Lemme tell ya about them... They're crappy and creepy. Don't really fancy them, for some strange reason...

(SPOILERS maybe)





5. Rob Fleming (High Fidelity) by Nick Hornby


"What came first – the music or the misery? Did I listen to the music because I was miserable? Or was I miserable because I listened to the music? Do all those records turn you into a melancholy person?"

Rob Fleming (High Fidelity) by Nick Hornby
bloodymary99
Is he the best partner you could have? Well... Not really, but he isn't the worst either. Don't get me wrong, in real life I would probably be dating him and I love him to pieces, but he is complicated as hell. 

He's insecure, has low self-esteem, he's grumpy sometimes, usually feels sad or angry or both at the same time, and can be quite snobbish with people that doesn't know about music as much as him.

But not everything is bad; when he wants, he has a great sense of humor, has his own business (even if it's not going great), he knows a lot about music and has a great collection, deep down he's a romantic and finally the most important thing you need in a relationship, he is sexy as hell (especially in the movie. John Cusack LOVE YA!)

ADD to Goodreads



4. Edward Cullen & Bella Swan (Twilight) by Stephenie Meyer


"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb… (Edward) What a stupid lamb. (Bella) What a sick, masochistic lion. (Edward)"

worthgold
They are SO corny I can't deal. What are they even talking about? A lion in love with a lamb? WTF. That's just unnatural. And dangerous.

Bella is quite boring, annoying and whiny: "mimimi two somewhat atractive non-quite-human boys are fighting for me mimimi", "mimimi the sparkly guy left me, so I'm gonna do stupid deadly stuff so that he loves me again mimimi", "mimimi the hairy guy really likes me, why, oh, why if I'm so plain looking? mimimi" Come on! Just shut it.

Edward is old, like ooold, he's old-fashioned as hell, which is weird, him being a vampire-fairie-kind-of-deal, has a big family who likes to meddle in other people's affairs... And he's really fucking creepy sometimes. Do you actually watch her sleep? Dude, no.

ADD to Goodreads



3. Khal Drogo (A Song og Ice and Fire) by George R.R. Martin


"Jini athvilajerar. Jin chiorisi zafra ajjin, majin kisha ataki morea ven me vallayafa kisha. (This is the way of war. These women are slaves now to do with as we please.)"

When I watched the first sex scene between him and Daenerys in the tv show I didn't understand anything. Why people were so in love with this couple? Didn't he just raped her?

When I was reading the book and I knew that this moment was coming I was even more disturbed, because in the book she's just a kid. But it was different, it was sweet and romantic, with massages and shit. But just after that the sex wasn't as sweet, it was forced.

Daenerys seems to change him for the better and they seem to love each other more as the times passes. He protects and adores her and she loves him very much. But I don't know... Maybe Daenerys has a little bit of stockholm syndrome and I don't think I can forgive rape that easily.




2. Joffrey Baratheon (A Song og Ice and Fire) by George R.R. Martin


"You will attend me in court this afternoon. See that you bathe and dress as befits my betrothed. If you won't rise and dress yourself, my Hound will do it for you." 

fantaasiatoidab
What do you mean he's not a candidate for the partner of the year award? I mean, he's a king, he's cute, wears cool clothes... And purple really suits him...

God, he's awful. Why? Well, for starters, he's like really, really psychotic. He's a vicious mama's boy with the brain (and possibly the  penis) the size of a pea and with a superior-complex the size of Westeros. He likes to torture animals, prostitutes, dwarf uncles and red-haired fiancées.

He's such a fucking sweet boy that I could just eat him up. Or, even better, I would let a dragon eat him. Slowly. Am I saying that this blond cutie-patootie is actually an evil little shit? Yep.

ADD to Goodreads



1. Christian Grey (Fifty Shades of Grey) by E.L. James


"I want you sore, baby. Every time you move tomorrow, I want you to be reminded that I’ve been here. Only me. You are mine."

Christian Grey (Fifty Shades of Grey) by E.L. James
AngelinaBenedetti
This motherfucker just won Joffrey. How about that? Do I think that mr. Grey is as evil and psychotic as Joffrey? Obviously no. But while one of them is the villain of the story the other one is the hero. And that's...  NO.

I'm cool with BDSM, do whatever floats your boat, you know? My problem is not about that at all, you can have sex whichever the hell you and your partner (or partners) want. You can spank, and tie, and do all the stuff you can imagine, but when that is over, don't be as ass. He doesn't seem to understand that although she is submissive to him in bed, she doesn't have to be in her every day life. He's posessive, manipulative, sexist, agressive, controlling and a harassing creep. (If you want to know more about my opinions on this stand-up gentleman, you can go HERE)

I'm sorry, maybe I'm weird, but psychological abuse doesn't make me horny. And no, mr. Grey, you cannot spank my ass but you can kiss it.

ADD to Goodreads




No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...