domingo, 14 de febrero de 2016

VALENTINE'S DAY: BOOKISH LOVE DECLARATIONS


Today is Valentine's Day, the official day of L.O.V.E.

Do you want to declarate your infinite love for your partner? These authors can help you put in words what your heart really desires.

Or you know... You could say what you really feel, like a well-functioning human, without copying other people's lovely words...

But don't worry I get you. If I tried to declare my love in a beautiful and lyrical way, I probably just start stammering, sweating, throwing whatever gift I bought to the other person's face and then keep running until the next Valentine's Day.

Thank God for other people's lovely words.


love book sculpture


“Did my heart love till now? forswear it, sight! For I ne'er saw true beauty till this night.” 
Williams Shakespeare, Romeo and Juliet 

"I'm in love with you, and I'm not in the business of denying myself the simple pleasure of saying true things. I'm in love with you, and I know that love is just a shout into the void, and that oblivion is inevitable, and that we're all doomed and that there will come a day when all our labor has been returned to dust, and I know the sun will swallow the only earth we'll ever have, and I am in love with you.”   
John Green, The Fault in Our Stars

“I'm thinking I would like to dance in the rain with this person. I would like to lie next to him in the dark and watch him breathe and watch him sleep and wonder what he's dreaming about and not get an inferiority complex if the dreams aren't about me.”  
Rachel Cohn, Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist

“She was smart and funny and vulnerable and just so goddamned beautiful, the kind of beautiful that was worth being shot down over.”   
Jonathan Tropper, How to Talk to a Widower

“And I guess I realized at that moment that I really did love her. Because there was nothing to gain, and that didn't matter.” 
Stephen Chbosky, The Perks of Being a Wallflower

heart book

“You can live your whole life not realizing that what you're looking for is right in front of you.” 
David Nicholls, One Day

“If people were like rain, I was like drizzle and she was a hurricane.” 
John Green, Looking for Alaska

“Do you believe in destiny? That even the powers of time can be altered for a single purpose? That the luckiest man who walks on this earth is the one who finds… true love?” 
Bram Stoker, Dracula

“She's drenched and bedraggled, but I've never loved anyone as much as I love her right now. That's how I know I'll have to give her up.” 
Tim Tharp, The Spectacular Now

“I wanted to tell her that the pleasure for me wasn't planning or doing or leaving; the pleasure was in seeing our strings cross and separate and then come back together.” 
John Green, Paper Towns

rose book

“You are the noblest, purest creature I've ever met. The universe will be a darker place without you,” 
Stephenie Meyer, The Host

“I loved her for the way she embraced the unknown, how she opened herself up to every experience. When I was with her, she opened me up, too, stirred my passion and heightened my every sensation.” 
Jonathan Tropper, Plan B

“I stay with him because I choose to, every day that I wake up, every day that we fight or lie to each other or disappoint each other. I choose him over and over again, and he chooses me.” 
Veronica Roth, Allegiant

“You’re perfect, I don’t care if you see dead wolves and turn into a living ice sculpture when you’re having a bad day. I don’t care if I have an imprint of your teeth on my shoulder. I don’t care if you’re … fixed. I want you to be safe and happy. That’s all.” 
Marissa Meyer, Winter

“I know you're the brightest shooting star in the sky, Astrid.” 
Michael Grant, Gone

heart book woods

“The world was collapsing, and the only thing that really mattered to me was that she was alive.” 
Rick Riordan, The Last Olympian

“You love me. Real or not real?" "Real.” 
Suzanne Collins, Mockingjay

“I love you. Remember. They cannot take it.” 
Lauren Oliver, Delirium

“I love her.” “She’s dead.” “That doesn’t mean to me what it does to other people.” 
Kendare Blake, Girl of Nightmares

“In vain have I struggled. It will not do. My feelings will not be repressed. You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you.”  
Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice 



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...